Everyone experiences busy, stressful, sad and challenging days throughout their life. But did you know your own happiness can not only improve your overall well-being, but can bring others happiness too?
There are many benefits of feeling happy:
- Less stress.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Being able to cope with difficult situations.
- Being able to focus.
- Being more organized.
“There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.”
― John Holmes
There are several ways to increase personal happiness. Some people exercise, eat healthy foods or volunteer their time. Another great way to increase personal happiness is to do small acts of kindness for others.
Here are some tips on simple ways you can do small acts of kindness for others without spending a lot of money or time:
- Open the door for someone.
- Let someone go in front of you in the coffee shop line.
- Smile at a stranger.
- Say “Hi!” to everyone you meet.
- Invite a neighbor over for dinner.
- Ask the person you are sitting next to how they are and really listen to what they have to say.
Every small interaction you have with someone is an opportunity to make a positive impact on both of your lives. When you take the opportunity to perform random acts of kindness, you’ll feel great and make a difference in someone else’s life. Random acts of kindness are contagious; pass on your generosity and happiness to the next person you meet.