Divine Home Care, Inc. is a proud supporter and member of the Benson Area Memory Loss Network group.
Mark your calendars! Join us for this free event, Shedding a light on Memory Loss. Jenelle Mitteness will share her wealth of knowledge about memory loss and talk about community support and resources available. The event is free and open to the public. Contact Sue Zaic with questions: 320.843.1349.
Event: The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia, Alzheimer’s disease
Date: Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Location: McKinney’s Restaurant, 300 14th Street South | Benson, MN 56215
Speaker: Jenelle Mitteness, RN, MSN, CNP, ACMC-Willmar Neurology
Schedule of event:
- 5:30 – 6 p.m.: Build your own Sundae and browse displays (free will donation)
- 6 – 6:45 p.m.: The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- 6:45 – 7 p.m.: Question and answer session
Jenelle will offer her wealth of experience to attendees by discussing:
- Early signs and symptoms of disease, what is normal aging and what is abnormal.
- What to do if you have a concern and how to talk with family members honestly about symptoms they are seeing.
- Navigation through the process of diagnosis and treatment.
- What you can expect at your appointment.
- What tests are performed.
- Different types of Neurocognitive Disorders and how they are treated.
Submitted by: Lindsey Nichols, RN Branch Manager, Divine Home Care – Benson Office